Water management in urban areas is a hot issue. Climate change is causing more and heavier rain. Sustainable solutions are needed to prevent flooding and relieve sewer and water treatment systems. Provinces, municipalities, water boards, drinking water companies and local administrators are working to integrate regional groundwater management and restore the soil’s natural function. This is crucial to water and food supply.
A smart solution for ecological water management.
Government authorities and water management
Why use Hydrorock® in your catchment area?
Do you want to prevent flooding and soil dehydration? Good use and maintenance of clean rainwater is the obvious answer. Hydrorock International’s mission is to contribute to this. We offer underground, ecologically responsible solutions for the buffering, infiltration and drainage of rainwater. Thanks to environmentally friendly materials, Hydrorock® products are ideal for sustainable water management and sustainable use of soil functions.
THE BENEFITS OF HYDROROCK®
- Extensive options for rainwater drainage and infiltration.
- Efficient and effective separation of rainwater discharges.
- An ecologically responsible solution for rainwater buffering.
- Prevents dehydration of conservation areas.
- Reduced overflow and less contamination of surface water.
- Space savings through underground installation.
SUSTAINABLE AND SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE
Hydrorock® is a 100% natural material and remains underground for decades in an optimum condition. This unique stone wool product withstands erosion from plant and tree roots. It’s strong and hard to damage. Influx of soil is impossible and therefore Hydrorock®’s buffering, infiltration or drainage capacity stays intact for years. Standard plastic buffers are liable to surface damage and have to be repaired or replaced.
- Improved ecology: everything grows and blooms better with Hydrorock®.
- A good local water balance and cleaner ‘nourishment’ of groundwater.
- More varied and sustainable land habitats.
- No need for camera inspection and maintenance.
Developments in the public sector
Municipalities are looking for solutions to prevent flooding in streets, houses and gardens. Water boards want to improve surface water quality through reduced sewage overflow during heavy rainfall. Current policy encourages separation of rainwater discharges from roofs and paved surfaces. This reduces water discharge, supplements the groundwater level in a natural way and relieves sewers.
With sandy soil, dehydration due to low groundwater levels is a danger to plants and wildlife. Infiltration of rainwater in the place where it falls offers a better option, but water cannot be infiltrated underground where there’s a layer of clay or loam. Sustainable drainage is a solution to this
Hydrorock®, the innovative solution
Environmentally friendly drainage and infiltration
In many cases Hydrorock® infiltration blocks are the ecologically responsible solution. They are made of 100% natural stone wool. They drain and buffer surface and rainwater in an environmentally friendly way. Horizontal installation provides excellent drainage. Vertical installation promotes buffering and the gradual discharge of water into the surrounding soil. A covering layer of 20 to 30 cm of Hydrosoil® improves the function of the infiltration blocks which are available in various sizes with buffering capacities from 34 to 340 litres.
Environmentally friendly separation
With built-in perforated pipes, Hydrorock® blocks can be easily connected to rainwater discharges for sustainable local buffering and infiltration into the soil. This prevents flooding due to excess water being effectively absorbed. As soon as the surrounding soil needs it, Hydrorock® gradually releases the water.
- Drainage and infiltration of rainwater in gardens and around houses.
- Flood prevention on paving, in gardens and around buildings.
- Separation of rainwater discharges in homes, business premises and garages.
- Prevention of dehydration and flooding in rural areas.
- Separation of rainwater inlets and drains in parking areas and roads.
- Supplementation of groundwater in a natural way.
- A more environmentally friendly alternative to plastic infiltration crates and gravel trenches.
- No connection to a rainwater or dry weather discharge system.
Hydrorock® infiltration blocks are highly suited for drainage and infiltration of excess rainwater or flooding on paving, in gardens and around buildings. Groundwater is supplemented in a natural way
Hydrorock® infiltration blocks are ideal in dry areas where water is more scarce or expensive. This is particularly true when it’s important for plant growth if the soil is kept hydrated for longer in a measured way.
Seperation of rainwater discharge
Environmentally friendly separation is easy with Hydrorock® infiltration blocks with their built-in perforated pipes for connection to rainwater discharges. Additional pipework is unnecessary and groundwater is supplemented in a natural way.
Optimize with Hydrosoil®
Hydrorock® functions best with a covering layer of Hydrosoil®. This mixture of sand and stone wool fibres increases the buffering capacity and strongly improves the porousness of the upper layer. As a result, Hydrorock® infiltration blocks work even faster and for longer.
A list of Hydrorock® benefits
- A fast and simple solution to flooding.
- Easy and effective separation of rainwater discharges.
- Absorption and discharge capacity of 94% of its volume.
- No connection to the sewer system necessary.
- Limited excavation and easy installation.
- No slope needed for correct drainage.
- Withstands erosion from plant and tree roots.
- Plants and wildlife thrive with Hydrorock®.
- The green alternative to plastic infiltration crates.
- No need for camera inspection and maintenance.
- Hydrosoil® for optimum porousness.
- Stone wool is a 100% recyclable material (basalt).
- Excellent price-performance ratio.